Friday, November 30, 2018

A Miraculous Ladybug Birthday aka The Best Birthday Yet

Olivia would like to report that turning twelve was the best birthday yet. She’s still happy with a ‘party’ of her mom, dad, sister, Gram and Pawp.

We had pizza for dinner and then it was presents and dessert.

I made a cheese cake (from a box, I’m not that ambitious), bought a few cupcakes, had half a pie left over from one I’d made last weekend and we also had some rice krispy treats left over from the ones I sent to school for Liv to share with her teachers and classmates.

We put a candle in the piece of cheese cake she requested and sang happy birthday. During the entirety of the song, she was reading the book she’d opened ten minutes earlier. She blew out the candle and went back to her book and devoured her cheese cake.

She’s very into a Netflix series called Miraculous Ladybug. It’s set in Paris and is about a teenage girl and her adventures as a superhero called Ladybug and her sidekick Cat Noir. Ladybug wears a body suit that is red with black polka dots.

Guess what Gram got for Olivia for her birthday…Yes! It’s a red with black dots body suit. It’s so perfectly Ladybug that Olivia can’t stand it.

I got her a couple of action figures (one Marinette, the girl who is Ladybug and one that is Ladybug herself.) She also got a book about Ladybug and Cat Noir. There were a few other things but the Ladybug items were the biggest hit.

I realized last Christmas that Olivia still needs toys as presents. She’s still very young emotionally and I’m okay with that. I want her to stay young and playful. So toys it is.

I’m so glad she had such a great birthday. I hope this means she’s on to her best year yet.

No comments: