Monday, March 25, 2019

Ahhh, Track Season

Track practice started for Alyssa at the beginning of March. She’s driven herself to school for two whole weeks now. She thinks she’s hot shit.

She even went through the drive-thru at the Dairy Treat the other day and ordered a vanilla shake…BY HERSELF!

You guys! She’s growing up. She talks to people without my interpretation. She can order food at a restaurant, she can go out with friends, she can buy her own vanilla shake!

The other night, I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned for a couple of hours. I finally got up at 2 and paid a bill, took a bath and finally, FINALLY, laid back down to try to sleep at 3:15. My alarm goes off at 6:00. Ugh.

It was very reminiscent of my steroid insomnia from last year. Not fun.

So now that track practice has started, that means the meets are right around the corner.

I hope the weather turns warm before the meets start up. Watching a track meet in cold rain sucks.

But we do it. We parents are hearty souls. We go out there, we bundle up and we cheer our kids on because if they can run and jump and throw in crappy weather, we can damn well show up and watch them.

Alyssa complains a little about track practice. Her shins hurt, the tops of her feet hurt, her shouler hurts and she’s tired of running in the cold.

But she shows up each day, she runs and jumps and keeps trying and I couldn’t be prouder of her.

She’s an inspiration to me. I want to be more like her when I grow up.

No comments: