Monday, January 22, 2018

One Month

Last Friday was the one month anniversary of me starting full-time medical leave. How has it been?

Yeah. I've rested a lot. Which basically means I'm super lazy. We already knew that. I've confessed to it over the years. I am not good with leisure time because I get nothing done. If I'm busy, I know I have to do what needs to be done now because it won't get done later. But if I have nothing to do, nothing gets done.

I didn't have a job the first semester of my freshman year. I got Bs and Cs that semester. I just couldn't get the studying and homework done. I was horrible. I had all the time in the world so I didn't do anything, ever.

The second semester of my freshman year, I got a part time job at the cafeteria of my residence hall. My grades came up, I wasn't nearly a frazzled trying to find time to study and do homework. I was busy, so everything fell into place. Weird? Probably not.

Honestly, I think we're all sort of weird but no one is probably as weird as they think they are.

I have made a tiny bit of progress in the toy room. I've also cleaned out a box that was cluttering up the floor of our bedroom. I've taken three big bags of clothes to a donation drop box. I'm taking three bags of old, crappy, broken toys to the dumpster this afternoon after Liv gets home.

I've also gone to five chemo sessions, so there's always that.

I kind of like not working but I don't think it's good for me. I could get used to being slovenly but that's probably not something to aspire to.

No comments: