Saturday, November 26, 2011

Shopping!

Yeah, okay, not so much with the shopping. I'm not a Black Friday shopper. I never feel like I get enough sleep, as is evidenced by probably one too many posts here. I am absolulely not willing to lose sleep in order to get up early and go to stores to fight groups of mostly insane people to get things I probably don't even need.

But my husband? He's almost always up at 4am anyway, so off he went on Friday. Luckily, he didn't have to fight a major crowd. He hit our local Pamida and got a new television for our family room. And what do you know? We actually needed it.

Today Olivia and I had to go to Walmart to buy some groceries. While in town, we went ot Menards too. My mom had mentioned that Menards had lava lamps on sale for $4.99. I got two of them, one with red wax and clear oil and the other with white wax and blue oil.

At this point, I have purchased three whole Christmas presents.

And I'm okay with that. There are still 29 days left until Chrismas. Plenty of time to get everything on my list.

How about you? Do you enjoy the competition of Black Friday shopping or are you more like me, willing to give up the 'deals' in exchange for one more day to sleep in. Ahh, yes. Sleep is absolutely my precious.

2 comments:

Should Not Operate Heavy Machinery said...

I do NOT go black friday shopping... scares the heck out of me. I buy everything online! :) I had bought the kids some christmas presents last month, but forgot that I left them on my bed and they saw them!

Just another mom said...

16 Christmas seasons ago, I was a single mom and really really broke. My mom offered to take me out Christmas shopping if I'd go with her on Black Friday...and so I went. She bought a bunch of toys for my son (who was a not even a year at the time) so that he could have presents from Santa and under the tree. That started our crazy Black Friday tradition. We have gone every year since then...even the year I was 6 months pregnant with Hailey and when I was 5 months pregnant with Aubrey! We make it so fun and the nice thing is that I finish all of my shopping for the most part and then wrap on Saturday. We always feel crazy though when we are leaving to shop at 3 in the morning! I do think that for us it is less about the big deals and more about the one day a year that we get to spend together!