Monday, July 22, 2019

Waking Up

Tom loves Court TV, a new addition to the plethora of channels that he gets through his antenna.

He watched the trial of the man being tried for the murder of his wife (she apparently strangled, or was strangled, while drunk one evening while he sat in his car, also drunk/high.) He very much enjoyed the trail of the dude in Florida who kidnapped and killed the nanny.

He just finished up watching the trial of the caretaker in a retirement home who was being tried for the murder/neglect of a 91 year old man.

In the caretaker case, the defendant is a young(ish) black man. I only mention race because Tom thinks this guy is innocent and that he’s only on trial because of his race.

Let that sink in.

The man who used the word ‘colored’ when we met over seventeen years ago is waking up. This old white dude is starting to see how unfair the world is to everyone except those exactly like him.

I can’t even find the words to explain how amazing this is.

I’ve been in a shitty mood since the last presidential election. I know, that’s a long time to be angry but unless you’re another old white dude, you get what I’m saying.

I can’t be in the same room if Tom has 45 on the television because just the sound of his voice, let along the horrible things he actually says makes me want to scream.

So to have my husband, a man I tell daily that he’s an old white dude so please don’t think I’m talking behind his back, to finally SEE the world for what it really is, is just so gratifying.

It doesn’t fix anything that’s going on in the world, but it soothes my soul when I’m in my own home.

I just had to put that out there.

He’s waking up and it’s glorious! If this old white dude can wake up at 59 years old, there’s hope for other old white dudes to wake up and stop eating the bullshit that 45 is feeding them.

And please, I know that it’s not only old white dudes who support that idiot. I know that. Hell, I have several (many?) FB ‘friends’ who are 45 supporters and some of them are women, so even having a uterus doesn’t stop people from being stupid or blind.

It’s sad.

But wait, back to the happy news. There’s an old white dude in northwestern Ohio who is waking up!! There’s hope for our world.

No comments: