Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Self-Improvement

You know you look like hell when your 82 year old co-worker tells you that you look tired.

Yes, that happened. May is 33 years older than I am. She’s also incredibly kind. So her telling me I look tired at the end of the day, well, it’s probably true.

Ever since I came through my cancer fight (am I through it?) I’ve tried to better myself.

I haven’t actually figured out how to control my eating but maybe these other little improvements will bleed into that. I have hope.

In the past six or so months I’ve been really good about washing my face each night before bed. Then I put coconut oil on my face for the night.

I’ve been doing the exercises for my lymphedema on a pretty consistent basis. I wish those exercises would motivate me to do more exercises but alas, not yet. Someday?

I switched to gentler shampoo for my fragile new hair. Ha. You know what? It’s not actually that fragile. I feel like this new hair is actually stronger than the hair that fell out two years ago. But I still want to take better care of it so I’m using a shampoo that’s free of parabens and sulfates as well as alcohol.

I got the sleeve for my left arm and wear it daily.

I’ve been drinking my water,

I take my multivitamin whenever I think of it and try to remember to take my apple cider tablet each morning.

I need to floss more often but we can’t all be perfect, Alyssa.

There’s obviously so much more I could be doing but I feel like I need to celebrate the little things I’m doing to try and be better.

One small drop of coconut oil at a time, is what I’m saying. Maybe these small drops of improvement will grow into a giant pool of greatness.

Hey, it could happen.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yep, still my spirit sister!! I love you!