Monday, November 4, 2019

Snack Break

The other night we’d been in bed for at least a half hour when Olivia called out, “Are you going to be mad if I say I’m hungry?”

I replied, “I’m not going to be mad but I am going to be sad because I’m not going downstairs to find you food at 9:45 and so you’re going to have to go to sleep hungry.”

She sighed and went quiet for a few minutes.

Then she said brightly, “Hey, since tomorrow is Friday, maybe I can have a late snack.”

I told her that sounded like a good plan and went on to suggest that she try and ask for that snack before we went to bed because once we’re in bed, dude, the kitchen is closed.

She gave it some thought and asked, “Can a person have breakfast for a bedtime snack?”

“Why not?” I asked. “Lots of people have breakfast for dinner so why not for a snack?”

She agreed with my logic and informed me, “Tomorrow for my snack I’m going to have toast with strawberry jelly, a banana and some blueberries. Then, I’m going to have a bowl of cereal.”

The cereal thing…ha. Hahahaha. She’s awful about eating her cereal in the mornings but then again, she’s on a schedule and doesn’t handle that sort of thing well. Maybe eating cereal at night will be easier for her than trying to eat it before the bus each morning.

The next morning, she reminded me to stop and buy blueberries for her evening snack. Probably better ad bananas to that list too since I usually only buy enough to last us from Saturday to Friday so and if she’s eating an extra… well, we’ll see.

Hey, maybe she’s going through a growth spurt. Tom measured her recently and she’s exactly 5’3”. She might hit 5’4” yet.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Is it wrong that I think it will be hilarious if she's taller than Riley when I see you? Riley is EXACTLY 5'3". The dr measured her last week and she said if (AGAIN) if she's 1/64" shorter, she's not 5'3". Did I mention that I'm super excited to see you?