Monday, July 6, 2020

A Close Shave

Thirteen is an age where typical kids simply go take a shower when they’re stinky, right? Or, if they want to bathe, they just…go take a bath.

Alas, we all know that Miss Liv is not typical. She’s so awesome in so many ways. She’s proving doctors and research wrong every single day.

But that does not mean I can leave her alone in a bath for more than five minutes if I want to avoid a disaster.

Most of these disasters are of the water logged type. Sometimes, she pulls an entire bath towel into the tub with her. Other times, there’s a pond on the bathroom floor.

This time, though. Oh my goodness.

Of course it’s my fault. I mean, I KNEW, each time I saw that stupid razor on the side of the tub that I should pick it up, put it away. Out of sight, out of mind and all that jazz.

But I didn’t put it away. I left it there, right there, in plain sight.

And she saw it all right. She saw it right after watching her sister shave her (the sister’s, not Liv’s) legs right there in the bathtub as Olivia bathed.

She probably watched Lyss shave and thought, “Huh, that doesn’t look hard.”

And then, after Lyss left the room and I stupidly continued to my own thing one room away, Olivia spotted the random disposable razor on the side of the tub.

Relax, no lives were lost and only a little blood was spilled.

The biggest sacrifice in this entire situation is the inner quarter of her right eyebrow.

Yes, she shaved off part of her eyebrow.

She also gave herself a scrap across her chin, where she claimed a random hair was ‘bothering’ her.

Who knows?

What I do know is that each time I went in to check on her, which was every ten minutes or so, she hid that razor like a thief. She KNEW she wasn’t supposed to have it.

She also reminded me to close the door each time I was leaving the room after checking on her. That right there should have clued me in.

Eyebrows grow back and scrapes heal.

I do know it could have been SO MUCH worse and as such, I’ve taken every single razor in the house and hidden them.

Out of sight, out of mind indeed.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness! Poor kid and yet, I want to see a picture. ha!