Monday, November 1, 2010

PBS Kind of Day

After the busy, busy weekend, yesterday (Sunday) was a PBS kind of day. We started the day with Miffy and Friends on our local PBS and it droned on all day long.

Friday was hectic with a school party, trick or treating and just being out until after 9:00.

Saturday brought another party and another evening not getting home until after 9:00.

Sunday dawned beautifully, the sun shining through the blinds, letting Olivia, who'd been awake since before 7:00 that I'd get up soon and find her some food.

We got up, leaving a sleeping Alyssa to find us when she would.

When A did finally lumber down the stairs, she settled on the couch with us and enjoyed two back to back episodes of Saddle Club, munched berries and relaxed. After the running she'd done the day before, she deserved it.

I made my way to the basement and started some laundry and then vacuumed the living room and the family room.

When Olivia asked me to sit beside her, I decided that mopping the kitchen could wait.

It was a PBS kind of day. We watched Sid the Science Kid and she wandered away, leaving me alone with the cartoons.

I realized that sometimes, even doing nothing can feel good. It can feel like you're accomplishing something.

We had a no-yelling day and it wasn't even declared.

That's MY kind of day.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love those kind of days.