Tuesday, January 8, 2019

New Year's Eve Thoughts

Reset

I feel like maybe 2019 will be our reset year.

I pray our family won’t have any medical issues this year.

I would like to learn to eat better, move more, relax a little about everything.

2017 and 2018 feel like they were the Years of Cancer.

I want to leave that behind me, move on from cancer and all it entails. I want to enjoy life, enjoy my family, enjoy my body again.

I want to learn to appreciate and celebrate the things I do well and not dwell so hard on the things I don’t do well.

I love well.

I…watch television really well. Huh.

I’m good at keeping my family fed and I don’t let filth overrun out house. That’s something.

I’m a good reader. I got three new books for Christmas and have finished one already. I do love escaping into a good book.

I need to find my place in this new, post-cancer world of mine. I need to gain momentum and make a difference. Where do I go from here?

I guess we’ll see.

No comments: