Tuesday, July 23, 2019

PT Grad

I am a master PT patient! But seriously, I was so good at laying there and letting that woman gently rub my arm that I only needed four sessions to graduate from the program.

Okay, so yeah, my insurance would only pay for four sessions but at the end of the fourth session, my physical therapist said she’s sure I’ll be able to manage my lymphedema on my own.

Wheee!!!

With her wise teachings and handy dandy exercise handouts, I’m on my way to a non-swollen left arm!

And hey, this is one more thing that Olivia and I have in common. You know, other than our regal good looks and our sparkling personalities. Now we’re both physical therapy graduates too.

Also, go me, I actually did my exercises this morning and I didn’t actually HAVE to do them because I don’t have to answer to the therapist at my next appointment, because, yes, that’s right, there is no next appointment.

She did tell me that if I feel like Leftie is getting large and trying to take charge, I can all my family doctor and he can write an order for another PT session, so it’s not like I can never see this therapist again.

No need for tears, is what I’m saying.

Only too bad for me, she still wants me to get a compression sleeve. Do you know what those things are like?

I don’t either, but Imma google the hell out of lymphedema compression sleeves and freak myself right out. Wanna go with me? Yeah, field trip!! Let’s go.

Okay, so yes, there are some cool colors out there. There are also the gross flesh-toned ones. Ick. And I kind of hate how they go about three quarters up the arm and stop at what is probably the grosses part of a fatty’s arm. Yeah, that ought to be SUPER fun and attractive. And, best news yet, if I have to wear the thing every day, it will last maybe six months before needing to be replaced. There’s an expense I didn’t see coming.

Cancer…the gift that keeps on punching you in the face, even after you thought treatment was over.

And what do you wanna bet that my insurance will NOT pay for this thing? Well, the first ones I came across are in the $20 range, so that’s not horrible. And my HSA will probably pay for it but still, what’s the freaking point of insurance if it doesn’t actually pay for anything? That’s what I want to know.

Where are all my premiums going if not toward my stupid healthcare? Huh?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning...and the field trip. :)

Julie