Saturday, June 13, 2020

Heaven (Another Livie Talk)

The day after the death talk with Olivia, she decided she wants to know about heaven.

She said that she wishes Jesus and the angels would let us visit heaven without having to be dead to do so.

She worked herself into sobs again thinking about all the people she loves, has ever loved, will love in the future being in heaven where she can’t see them all the time.

She even thought about her dad’s parents, who have been dead since way before she was ever born.

When she’s like this, I let her talk and cry and I hug her and try to say the right things. But I also try to listen. I try to figure out what the base of her angst is. Where is it really coming from?

I still haven’t figured it out, though.

Alyssa suggested that O is PMSing. Hmm, it’s possible. I mean, sometimes we all just have big feelings bottled up in side and we need an outlet.

She told me recently that she prays for God to let her have a peaceful day and for me and her sister and her dad to stay safe. I told her that’s a beautiful prayer.

I don’t know.

If I thought she’d talk to a stranger, I’d take her to a therapist. But I’m pretty sure that if you to actually SPEAK to someone for them to help you. So I’m her sounding board.

And that’s okay too, at least with me. I hope she’s okay with it too.

Please pray for us.

I’ve been back at work for less than two weeks and we’ve had two evenings of near-non-stop tears. Things are rough over here, is what I’m saying.

No comments: