Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Congrats Trey!!!

The school year went to shit in March, as everyone knows. Everything that is usually done in person at the school was suddenly posted on social media.

Alyssa and several of her classmates (including Trey) were announced to be the section leads for band for the coming year. The ones with FB accounts were tagged in the post, which makes sense because it would show on their friends feeds.

We’re all proud of our kids. They all work hard.

One the FB page for the school’s band, the director posted the listing announcing the leads.

Alyssa is the woodwinds section lead. She’s every excited about this.

The other leads are Norah, who’s the section lead for percussion. Tessa is the low brass section lead. Trey is the leading the sax section and Gil is the section lead for high brass.

As one does, people commented under the post. The first comment was Trey’s mom, who posted, “Congrats Trey!!”

Which, yes, she’s happy for her son. And to give her credit, she almost immediately posted another comment saying, “Congrats everyone!”

But then one after another the comments rolled in, all saying, “Congrats Trey!”

Now, let’s be real. I totally understand that all of these people are ‘friends’ with Trey on FB. I get that they were notified that he’d been tagged in a post and they came to see what it was all about. But I also find it funny that every single one of them singled him out to say congratulations. And let’s be honest here, Trey is probably totally embarrassed by all the people congratulating only him.

However, I did not go on and congratulate Alyssa. I mean, I live with the dear heart, I was able to hug her and tell her how proud I am of her in person.

So the on-going joke in our house is to say “Congrats Trey!” if a group does something great or several people are mentioned for doing something good.

I know I’m petty. I don’t care, it’s funny.

1 comment:

Julie said...

LOL! I would often see that in gymnastics posts. Like I would post a picture of my kid and tag another kid who was in the picture of the girls' team winning and their second cousin's next door neighbor would be like, "Way to go Amelia!" SO funny. I may steal this and my family will be so confused.