Friday, December 18, 2015

But You Can't Have Too Much Fun

She let me do the Princess Leia buns. I know!

When I got home from work last night, Lyssie informed me that she was going to let me do her hair the next morning because her friend Nora (of the Porch family) was going to do her hair too and she didn’t want to be the only one.

There was only one caveat: “You can’t have too much fun with it,” she declared.

I replied that I couldn’t promise how much fun I would or wouldn’t have, because, dude, my seventh grader was letting me do her hair in Princess Leia buns! I mean, come on, the mere idea puts me into a tizzy of fun. The actual process? So! Much! Fun!

So that was our evening and morning. How awesome are my kids and their school? I love that they get to have these fun days that break up the monotony of school.



And for the record, I tried to convince Alyssa to wear a Star Trek shirt with her Leia buns. And I did this BEFORE we watched the episode of Big Bang Theory last night, where Wil Wheaton showed up for the premiere of the new Star Wars movie in a Star Trek costume, flashing LLaP fingers. So...that means I'm at least as big a geek as the writers of The Big Bang...to be honest, now that I write that out, I'm not sure it's a good thing. Not sure it's bad either, just...not sure of anything at all.

Wait, I am sure that it was great fun doing my girls' hair this morning. That's one thing of which I can be sure. Yes.

Oh, and she didn't wear the Star Trek shirt. Sometimes, even when she's being great fun, she's no fun at all.

No comments: