Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Late to the Game

I’m trying to find ways to deal with the low levels of constant irritation that I feel coursing through my brain these days.

So, two weeks ago, I bought the first season of Game of Thrones. I know…it’s been on forever. It’s been on long enough that people are naming their kids Arya and Khaleesi (please, just…don’t) and the oldest of those kids are starting preschool (kindergarten?) So yeah, I’m late to the Game of Thrones.

But it’s a nice distraction. I can just sit and veg out on fictional kings and queens and dragon eggs and boobs (so many boobs!) But wait, was that a penis? There was an episode in which they showed TWO penises! Holy crap, now there’s a distraction.

Yes, I am about as mature as a twelve year old, why do you ask?

On the bright side (another thing that helps ease some of my agitation) since I’m so late about starting to watch this show, there are six (seven?) seasons for me to catch up on. No lines, no waiting. For just under $30 I can start the next season the minute I finish the last. That’s kind of awesome since I’m not a fan of waiting.

Oh and the spoilers! I love spoilers. I love knowing what’s coming next. I love not being surprised or held in suspense. I love being able to go look something up rather than wait for the next episode or season. I’ve already read about every single death and marriage that takes place on the show in the first six seasons. It’s a dream come true for me, I tell you.

It may not be solving all the world’s problems but it’s a little bit of time during which I can forget that we might just be facing the end of the world as we know it. I can watch one episode, destress for a minute (an hour?) and then go do something productive in hopes of making our world a little better for my girls and your girls and boys and everyone’s children.

Ahhh, now I need to go put watch the last episode of season one just to come down from the stress of that last paragraph. It’s a vicious circle. Ugh!

1 comment:

Julie said...

This is one of those shows that I've never wanted to start because I know it could become an addiction for me. HAHA I love that you've found something to help with the stress and pressure.