Monday, October 2, 2017

All That Time Off

One might wonder what I did with myself during the last four weeks as I recuperated from surgery and planned for another.

One might think I sat around and napped all day, binge watched three seasons of The Great British Baking Show and ate chocolate covered cherries.

One would be half right in thinking that.

I did do the above things part of the time. But I actually managed to attend several meetings with teachers at Olivia’s school, went to the county fair with the girls (just six days after surgery, go me! Mother of the freaking year, right here. I’m dusting off a place for the trophy as soon as I get home.)

I attended a football game at which Alyssa performed with the marching band in the halftime show.

I took Alyssa shopping for a homecoming dress (we found such a great dress!) and I didn’t have to spend a fortune on it. That’s always a positive.

Tom and I also started walking a little. Not too much, I mean, let’s not be crazy but just enough to keep the blood pumping. Each time I’d tell him I was going out to walk, he’d tell me to wait a minute and then he’d join me. What a guy, right?

But seriously…he’s been amazing. Honestly, I should stop here and give him his very own post because this guy has been such a hero through all this. And I know we’re just getting started.

But as of today, I’m back at work! Wheee! Except, maybe that should be a whew. I’m kind of tired after working eight hours. I should sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm not really glad you are back at work because you deserve the rest, but I know you are conserving your time. Plus I'm happy that you are doing well enough to go back.