Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Some Days Are Better Than Others

Yesterday was a good one. I think part of what made it good was that I made myself get off my butt and actually do something. My mom took me to radiation (I think she misses spending every Tuesday with me.) and then we went to Walmart for a few things. I then spent most of the early afternoon with her at her house watching HGTV. That's always a positive.

I got home about an hour before Olivia did. I ended up falling asleep in the recliner. I vaguely heard her say to Tom when she got home, "Mom looks dead."

Huh.

Anyway, at 4:15 I woke up and realized it was time to do homework with Liv. I then remembered that I'd planned to make potato soup for dinner that night. I sighed with frustration at myself. Tom offered to peel potatoes. I knew he was busy. He'd been busy all afternoon and I didn't want to take him away from his work. I told him, "I can do it. I need to do it. I always feel better when I move around anyway."

And so I did. I told Olivia we'd work on her homework while the potatoes boiled and got busy.

I didn't sit back down for several hours and I felt pretty good for having kept busy and gotten some things done.

Olivia ended up eating three servings of potato soup, to it must have been good.

I'm hoping looking back I will be reminded that keeping busy and active definitely feels better than sitting around, no matter how tired I think I might be.

But gosh, sometimes that recliner looks so inviting.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Actually, it sounds like you had a perfect day of rest and getting things done. Be kind to yourself. I'm sure your family thinks you are doing great.

Love you!