Friday, August 9, 2019

Filtered


There was recently a filter on Snapchat that made a person’s eyes huge, their mouth small, their nose basically non-existent, you get the gist. Pretty standard for Snapchat filters.

Except this one make it look like the person was crying.

I loved it.

It lasted one day.

I took several pictures with it.

One picture was just before I went in to have my teeth filled.


I loved how the picture captured how I really felt without me actually having to cry.

I know that’s weird.

Alyssa said the picture I sent her using that filter made her sad.

Well, uh, I think that was the point.

See, I’m kind of sad this week.

But I don’t usually cry about my sadness.

I almost cried the evening after my fillings were put in. The numbness wore off and my teeth hurt. There was a constant low-level ache but there were also these shooting pains through my teeth where they’d been filled. It was most unpleasant, I must say.

The areas where I’d been given shots of anesthesia also hurt.

The next day, the pangs of pain were gone, but the ache was still there.

I needed that crying filter again.

Alas, it was gone.

I might just have to cry over that. Maybe I’ll manage to get a picture.

No comments: