Thursday, August 8, 2019

Sad

Who the hell knows?

Maybe it’s because of the dentist.

Maybe it’s because school starts in less than two weeks and it feels like summer has flown by.

Maybe I wish I were independently wealthy so that I could not have to go to work every day.

Maybe making dinner every night makes me sad. Yes, that’s definitely true. I hate making dinner so, so much.

I do know that I’m sick and tired of all the last effects of cancer and the things I had to go through to get rid of the cancer: lymphedema, dry mouth, cavities; curly hair, etc.

I’m so tired.

Tired of thinking about cancer and chemotherapy and radiation. I’m tired of lymphedema and bad teeth. I’m tired of the fact that my stupid mouth still sometimes is dry and at other times, it feels like I’ve just eaten a hot pepper. It’s so unpleasant.

But hey, I’m alive to be bitchy about it all, right? So why the frowny face?

Because I can acknowledge my luckiness and still be annoyed by the suckiness, that’s why.

Just saying.

No comments: