Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Plank - Singular

Okay, so I’m not doing any sort of resolutions because I’m old and tired and I don’t want to set myself up for failure. I already feel like a failure on a daily basis, why do that to myself even more?

But! See, there’s this thing I’m trying to do every day for a year, just to see what happens.

At the time of this posting, we will be six days into the new year. And every single one of those six days, I’ve done a plank for ten seconds.

I know! It’s so simple and so stupid.

And yet, I want to see what happens. I want to see if I feel stronger in a few weeks. I want to try and go five seconds longer each week. So on each Wednesday, one week after the other, I’ll try to do that plank for five more seconds.

What are the odds that by December 31 of 2020 I will be able to do a plank for 4 and a half minutes?

Yeah, I realize that they’re not actually all that good but I’m going to give it a try.

I’ve been good about washing my face each night and slathering on the coconut oil. It’s a habit now. If I can do this plank thing for a month, it might become a habit and not be such a chore.

We’ll see. Let’s give it a go. (Ha! I’ve watched one too many British baking shows, haven’t I?”

No comments: