Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Cooking Fail

I arrived home one recent Thursday afternoon.

The minute I walked in the door, I smelled garlic. Huh, I thought. Someone made Olivia what we fondly call ‘white noodles.’ It’s the Knorr brand ‘creamy garlic shells.’ The sauce is white, hence the name ‘white noodles’.

Once I’d put my purse down and taken my lunch dishes out of my bag and put them in the sink to be washed, Olivia ran to tattle on her dad and sister.

She declared, almost triumphantly, “Both Dad and Lyss failed at making me food today.”

“Oh?” I inquired, prompting her to continue her soliloquy.

“Dad burned the white noodles and Lyss made macaroni and cheese that was too dry.”

Then, she informed me, “I think you should just take me to McDonald’s for dinner since no one in this house can cook.”

Well, then..

Tom insisted that the white noodles were fine.

I took a bite of a single shell and asked him what he wanted from McD’s.

He said he’d eat the noodles. I shrugged and said okay but we were going to McDonald’s because those noodles were gross.

Olivia snarfed down her two cheese burgers and two thirds of an order of large fries. Tom had the last of the fries with his grody old white noodles.

No comments: