Wednesday, April 26, 2017

All Night Long

Sunday and Monday nights (or was it Monday and Tuesday mornings?) Olivia woke me up at 3am to discuss the weather, politics, the new animation of Monster High and whether or not she should change her earrings when the sun finally rises…) These wake ups both lasted nearly forty-five minutes, with me telling her after every single question to turn off the damned book light and go back to sleep.

Last night before bed, I told her that if she woke up in the middle of the night, she should roll over and go back to sleep and NOT talk to me…at all.

And what do you know? It worked. If she woke up, she didn’t tell me about it and I got a lovely night’s sleep last night. I don’t know if she did or not but that’s okay because I did. And supposedly a happy mom means the whole house is happy.

So…yeah, everybody’s happy, right?

No comments: