Monday, September 10, 2018

Fair Day

The girls don't have school today. Every Monday after Labor Day, all schools in Williams County, Ohio, are closed so the kids can go to the county fair. Yay, Fair Day!! There are discounts on wristbands for riding the rides, there are goats, pigs, cows, rabbits, and horses. There is face painting and cotton candy. It's a fun day.

Every year since we've lived here, I've taken the day off to spend with the girls at the fair.

This year, I won't be doing that because I started a new job four weeks ago and I don't have vacation time yet. But it's okay. My mom will be doing the Gram thing and taking Liv to the fair. They will ride the Blueberry ride (it's like the Tea Cups except the cars are shaped like blueberries and strawberries, it's Liv's favorite ride) and they'll buy cotton candy. Because Lyss will probably not be with them, they will not visit the animals because, duh, we all know how Olivia feels about animals.

I will get home at 5:00 and O and I will head back to the fair to watch Alyssa and her band mates perform. This, too, is an annual thing. It will be fun, but don't ask Olivia her opinion because she will declare it is boring. I will bribe her with food.

Last year, I dragged myself to Fair Day even though I was six days post-surgery. It was important that I keep living, keep doing all the things. It's still important but sometimes, life gets in the way of living, you know?

Next year I will have been at my job for a year. Next year I will take Fair Day off and spend with my lovelies. Until then, we'll just keep on keeping on.

No comments: