Friday, May 8, 2020

One Thing

Each night, I go to sleep thinking of everything that I could accomplish the next day.

I'm always so motivated when I'm on the brink of sleep.

Of course when I wake up the next day, and the hours loom before me, well, nothing ever actually gets done.

Oh sure, I wash the dishes every single day. I also put away the clean dishes. I make sure the girls eat at least twelve times a day and I stuff my own face probably twice that much. It's disgusting around here.

I've vacuumed a few times. I do laundry as needed. Heck, I even sweep the kitchen floor.

But I haven't really DONE anything.

But last night, I cleaned one toilet right before bed and I felt like I'd accomplished something.

I kind of figure if I manage to get one thing done each day, even if that one thing is helping Olivia complete that day's school work, I'm keeping my head above water.

I'm not decluttering. I haven't painted any of the rooms in this house. I don't have bags of things ready to be taken to Good Will once this is all over.

No.

I'm treading water and trying not to drown.

And I'm starting to think that's okay.

We don't have to thrive during this time.

We just have to survive.

So yes, I'll end up coming out of this as a chunk and my daughter can be the hunk. I don't think any of us will be a drunk and I'm counting that as a win.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It sounds like you are doing your best and that's all we can ask of ourselves!!
Drunk!
Chunk!
Hunk!