Saturday, May 23, 2020

Six Weeks

I'm going back to work on Tuesday.

Yes.

I'm...apprehensive and yet...I think I'm ready.

School is done for the year. Alyssa is officially a senior and Olivia is a seventh grader.

I am no longer 'needed' at home to facilitate school work.

I need to make a living.

I have been home for six weeks.

When I first started this part of the quarantine, I was planning to be home for two weeks.

Then, on the Thursday of my second week, someone at my work tested positive for the virus. That lead to my being home another four weeks.

There have been no more positive cases at work.

I wear my mask whenever I'm in public. I wash my hands and stay six feet away from everyone.

I am not an advocate for opening the states fully as some seem to be but I do understand the need to get back to some semblance of normal.

I have no desire to be around people again, though. Please don't thing that. Good heavens, I haven't suddenly become sociable or anything like that.

No...it's just time.

So away we go.

No comments: