Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nothing Says Love Like...

There are so many ways to say I love you. And as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

I show my family every single day how much I love them by making lunches, dinners, going to work to earn money to pay our bills, and reading, cuddling and even disciplining my children.

Tom shows us how much he loves us by fixing the furnace when it breaks, by working hard every day to supplement my income to pay our bills. He fixes the girls breakfast each morning and gets them on the bus.

Yes, we say the words often but these actions really do mean a lot.

Today I baked cookies, not because I want to eat them (low carb for me equals no cookies. Poor me) but because my family wanted them. Sugar cookies were Alyssa's request and chocolate chip were Tom's. So two batches were made.

Olivia didn't care so much about the cookies as the did about the makeup I lightly applied to her face this morning. She wanted a 'make over', which, to her, means eye shadow, mascara and lipstick. So there is it. Love.

We're very blessed to be able to wallow in the love we have for each other. I feel lucky to be at a place in my life where I know, right now, how lucky I am. This happiness isn't something I'm taking for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so wonderful! It's so hard to slow down in such a busy world and savor the simple moments. And actions absolutely speak louder than words.