Saturday, January 12, 2013

She Did It!

Alyssa spent an entire night away from home, not at her Gram's house but instead at a friend's house, a friend she'd never even visited for a couple of hours.

T's mom brought Alyssa home this afternoon around 2:00. I'd been watching for her since noon because she'd originally told me that was when Alyssa would be home. Alyssa said something about T's mom having plans that were cancelled and that was apparently why they were two hours later than planned.

And you know, I'm pretty easy going. But honestly, if you're going to be two hours late getting my child home, even my ten year old child, it sure would be nice to receive a phone call or text. It really wasn't that big a deal. I know this paragraph doesn't say that but I just kind of wanted to know what was going on.

Well, that and when O's here with just me, she's sort of a cling-on (as opposed to a Klingon, which would be sort of cool, if scary, since, well, neither Tom nor I are Klingons and it would be odd if one of our children were an alien, especially an alien whose race tends toward violence...)

Oh wait, where was I? Yes, she's clingy. When it's just us, she wants to be right next to me, either down doing laundry, sitting on the couch, laying on the floor playing her version of checkers. It's a chess board with all the men out and assigned to different family members and we move them around telling stories. It's not nearly exciting as it sounds. Well, maybe it is to Olivia, we played that for over a half hour this morning.

I'm not a big fan of playing with my kids. I know how bad that sounds but there you go. So it's nice having them both home so they can entertain each other while I sit and laugh at them.

Mother of the year? Probably not.

My excuse today is that I've had a minor headache since I started this low carb diet. It sucks.

What doesn't suck? I've lost over 8 pounds in the past week and a half.

But that headache sort of makes even the silliest, simplest things a little harder to enjoy.

Tomorrow we're making cupcakes for Tom to take Alyssa's class on Monday for her birthday. That ought to be fun.

No comments: