Monday, December 2, 2013

One of Those People

I’ve always prided myself on being that one person who has never gone shopping on Thursday evening after Thanksgiving or even on Friday morning.

I’m not a morning person, so the thought of getting up before dawn to shop holds absolutely no interest for me. No, thank you very much.

But, alas, I ruined my own bragging rights on Thanksgiving evening when I drove to my mom’s at 7:20 in the evening so we could drive to Walmart together to try and get some tablets that were on sale for $49.

To be honest, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d expected. There was quite the crowd and there were way to many children up past their bedtimes but everyone was friendly enough as we made our way to aisle 7.

That said, I don’t really want to do it again. This year was great and all but…I’m going to leave the crowds to the, um, crowds.

We did get the tablets, by the way. The girls will be so excited to open those on Christmas morning. Worth it, right? I suppose so even though while at Walmart that night I felt the need to apologize to every single person who was there working. It just seems unfair that they had to be there.

Alas, there I was too. Part of the problem. Huh.

No comments: