Wow, thank you so much Robin for tagging me. I am so honored by the inclusion I don’t even know what to say.
Link to the person who nominated you.
Add the award logo.
Answer the questions your nominator asked.
Nominate 10 other blogs. (I only nominated six, I’m so bad at this sort of thing. Sorry.)
Ask your nominees 10 questions.
1. What is the craziest thing anyone has said to you about trying to conceive / being pregnant / parenting?
When I was pregnant with my second daughter a co-worker who had raised one daughter kept insisting that my girls would hate each other. This woman had an only child who also had an only child, she had no clue how siblings interact and yet during my entire pregnancy, she continued with the dire predictions that my kids would hate each other. For the record, my girls at twelve and eight are pretty fond of each other.
2. If you were an animal, what would you be?? And what animals would you never want to hang out with?
I think I’d be a bird of some kind because I’ve always wanted to be able to fly. I would never, ever want to hang out with worms. They’re the grossest animal in existence. Ick!!!
3. Where do you keep your go-to stress snack?
Hidden in my sock drawer so no one else in my family can abscond with it when I’m not looking.
4. If you had a whole day just to yourself, and money / travel / other people’s schedules weren’t an issue, what would you do?
Sleep. Seriously. My girls were (and still sometimes are) horrible sleepers. I feel like I’ve been sleep deprived for twelve years.
5. What is your favorite terrible TV show? When do you get to watch it?
America’s Next Top Model. I watch it with my twelve year old after the eight year old is asleep. So much drama, so much angst in the world of modeling. Ha!
6. When was the last time you got to take a nap during the day?
I think it was actually a couple of weeks ago. I got home from work at 5:00, laid down on the couch while my husband watched news and the girls hung out. I actually slept for a half hour before realizing that dinner wasn’t going to make itself.
7. What foods do you dislike (if any)? Why?
Seafood of any kind. I just can’t stand the smell of it to get to the point of tasting it. And shrimp and lobster both look like giant bugs. Gross.
8. What is your favorite color to wear? Is it your favorite color or just in clothing?
Red. I learned in high school that I photograph best when I’m wearing red. Red isn’t actually my favorite color but it is my favorite clothing color for me.
9. Do you believe in horoscopes? What’s your sign? Does it describe you?
I am a Scorpio and I feel like some of the descriptions of those born under the sign of Scorpio do describe me but the cynic in me also thinks that you can twist almost anything to make it fit anyone. So no, I don’t really, truly believe in horoscopes.
10. If you’re feeling bad, what do you do that always cheers you up?
Talk to my mom. She’s awesome and I try really hard to be as good a mom to my girls as she’s always been to me. She listens so well and even when she doesn’t understand, she never judges.
I am nominating:
I hope I’m not cheating or something by stopping at six nominees. I just…well, I’m only nominating six so there you have it. If you’re not nominated but want to answer the questions, please do and say you’re doing so in the comments if you want. But no harm if you don’t want.
My 10 questions:
1. What do you consider the greatest stressor in your marriage/relationship?
2. How do you combat the above stressor to make sure your marriage stays strong?
3. How do you manage that thin line between allowing your child(ren) to express their individuality/independence while keeping them from being hellions/rebels, etc? (I’m thinking of my current struggle with Alyssa and her desire to wear more makeup than I’d prefer.)
4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
5. If you were given the opportunity to travel to another planet to help colonize it, taking your significant other and child(ren) with you, never to return to Earth, would you go? Why or why not?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you achieve that goal?
7. If money/jobs were no object, where would you live? Do you live there now?
8. Star Wars or Star Trek? (Sorry, my Geek is showing.)
9. What was the last song/cd you bought?
10. Daylight Savings Time: Yay or Nay?