Monday, April 6, 2020

Morbid

My health insurance pays me to do things like get a flu shot (wonder if in the future it will pay us to get a corona shot? Hmmm…) and verify that I’m tobacco-free.

I also got $$ for taking a health assessment.

And guess what?

I’m morbidly obese.

Duh.

Please note that my health insurance is as obnoxious as my radiation oncologist.

And yet, reading this news on a computer screen wasn’t nearly as devastating to my psyche as it was hearing from face to face from a doctor’s actual mouth last June.

But whatever.

Even though my insurance thinks I’m a fatty, they still gave me money for doing that assessment. Wonder if they’d give me more if I adopted a healthier lifestyle.

Now there’s incentive…

(For reference as to how much I really need some sort of incentive: As I typed this post, I had just finished a Reese’s cup, the second cup sitting in front of my keyboard taunting me.)

No comments: