Friday, April 10, 2020

On the Bright-ish Side

On the Bright Side

-With the girls out of school, I only have to pack my own lunch each evening.

-I only have to get myself ready for work each day. Lest you think this means I look more put-together since I’m not spending at least five minutes braiding Liv’s hair each morning, oh, no, no, no. That’s not the case at all. What it really means is that I hit the snooze button at least one more time each morning.

-Olivia has chores now. CHORES. She gets to use a Clorox wipe(s) and clean the doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, stair rails, etc. All the places in the house that are frequently touched by everyone and anyone entering the house.

-I am not the ‘work-at-home’ parent and as such, I don’t have to be the one who nags and nags and nags Olivia to eat her lunch, only to be asked ten minutes after lunch is over if she can have a snack. The brightest of bright sides.

No comments: