Tuesday, April 7, 2020

What's Getting Low? A Look Inside the Mind During the Covid-19 Pandemic/Quarantine

Other than morale, what’s getting low in your house?

I might need to buy tooth paste next time I go to the store. The four of us all use a different tooth paste, which I admit is stupid and yet…none of us is willing to switch to one of the others’ choice so…four tubes of tooth paste it is.

And I’m the one getting low on my Sensodyne.

What else?

Hair color! Yikes, my roots are starting to show and NO ONE wants to see that.

We’re going to need milk this week.

And probably snack cakes.

Let me check the status of the Cheez-Its.

Tom probably needs pretzel rods.

I should start a list.

Wait, I do that already. We have a running list on the microwave. I’ve got things that I get every week because they’re staples. Those things are typed on a list and there’s space at the bottom to add unique things.

I should probably get some more feminine hygiene products…those are something a house with two teenage girls does NOT want to run out of.

Should I get some ground turkey? What will I make with it if I do? Tom has a bunch of frozen chicken breasts that he can make so…

This is all so unprecedented. No one knows how long it’s going to last. Will the kids go back to school at all for this school year?

Who knows?

No comments: