Thursday, January 13, 2011

Footie PJs

One of the things I wanted to get Alyssa for her birthday was a new pair of footie pajamas. She loves this kind of pajamas. We call them sleepers around here and she has two of them right now that are a year old and worn out. She prefers this type of jammies to any others and so wears them whenever they're available.

I will give her that her reasons for preferring sleepers to two-piece pajamas are practical. The sleepers are warmer. It's always right there, not in two pieces which often happen to be in different places when you want them.

My reason for wanting to get her the footie pajamas are more sentimental. I love that she still looks little when she wears them. I love that she's confident enough in her own maturity to pull on these pajamas and stay warm without a thought.

Of course, not only are the sleepers getting worn out, she's also outgrowing them. She's put holes in the toes of both sleepers. It's time to move on to the next size.

But I looked everywhere and it's really hard to find footie pjs in a child size 10. Of course the size 10 is going to be a little big, but let's remember that they don't even make a size 9.

But size issues aside, I was having trouble finding any footie pajamas at all other than infant sized.

Finally, today, the day before her birthday, I found one size 10 sleeper at Kohl's. It's awesome and she's going to love it. And!!! It's not a 'character' sleeper. It doesn't have Dora or Tinker Bell, or even one of the princesses. Which, in my mind, makes it that much better.

Oh yes, turning eight is a big deal, but I'm so glad she's still my little girl in the footed pajamas.

No comments: