Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh, there it is...

So I started a diet on Monday, as one does on the first Monday of the new year.

And...it was hard. It's been hard every single day, hour, minute since waking up on Monday morning.

Usually, when I start a diet it isn't so hard. Usually, I have this sense that it's time, I'm ready, let's go. I don't even want those foods that are suddenly 'forbidden.'

This time? Ohhh, how I wanted that peanut butter fudge that someone (EVIL!) brought in on Tuesday morning.

I confess that I found a small bag of Funyuns in my car yesterday and devoured them in the twenty minutes it took me to drive home.

This morning, though, I found that elusive will power that had evaded me for the past three days.

Suddenly, when I passed the chocolate fudge (EVIL!) in the breakroom, I could say honestly, "Don't want it. Don't need it."

And I walked away.

So here I sit, eating my lettuce with salsa and anticipating my cucumber. I only hope this will power sticks around because...ohh, how hard it is to resist when it's not here.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Have you read "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth. It's amazing and worth the read. It has helped me a ton!! (I'm not super religious so don't let the "God" scare you if you're not either!)