Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Or We'll Just Go to Gram's

So that whole lake versus pool thing? Yeah, that’s silly. The lake can be lovely. Sitting in the sand instead of baking on cement? It’s got its charms.

And my whole mindset of, “We HAVE to by the season pass or we’ll never go!” Yeah, again with the silliness.

In the end, last night, I took the girls to my mom’s and we just swam in her pool. Now there’s a compromise, huh? Free pool swimming, only three miles away from home, no fish or worms or snakes swimming around you, clear water and if you’re Olivia and it’s 7pm, free food because Gram can’t stand to see her sweet Livie go hungry. (Don’t tell her we showed up knowing O would be hungry because I couldn’t bring myself to come up with dinner plans…kidding…sort of.)

While we were there, my mom mentioned that Jaxon will be at her house Thursday and Friday, which, she said, means that the girls can spend the night on Thursday again.

This might become a standing event. Can you even imagine? An evening without a shadow? An evening to eat the dinner I want, in the peace I crave, an evening where Tom and I can adjourn to our separate corners with our separate televisions and BOTH watch something not mandated by a child. (I know, we’re so romantic, aren’t we?)

I love being this close to my mom. I love that these are the things from which memories are made. I love that my girls are getting the benefit of being so close to their grandparents. There’s a lot to be said about multi-generational families. We’re really very blessed.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's one of my favorite parts about summer is all of the quality time that Riley is spending with her grandparents. We're building memories here!