Thursday, June 7, 2012

Twitchy

I didn’t sleep well last night. When I went to bed, I was tired but not really sleepy. I’ve had a cold since Sunday. It started as a cough and sore throat and moved swiftly into sinus congestion and more coughing.

Anyway, when I got to work yesterday, my boss suggested I go get something for the congestion. I guess I sounded that bad. I got some decongestant from the pharmacy. Yes, that kind of stuff.

I took at early in the day and got through the day at work. While reading to Olivia yesterday evening, I realized that the congestion was coming back. So around 8:00 I took another.

It didn’t occur to me that the ‘non-drowsy’ formula would actually turn out to be ‘no-sleeping’ formula.

I know I must have slept but I was definitely awake more than I was asleep through the night.

The freaky thing is that I was twitchy. I felt like my legs needed to be moving every few seconds. At one point, I realized the fingers of my left hand were clenching and unclenching over and over. If this is what it feels like to be high, I think I’ll pass on a second trip, thank you very much.

On the bright side, I took that stupid decongestant last night at 8:00 and even now, at almost 2pm the next day, I’m STILL not tired. Weird.

And hey, look at that, the congestion is still gone too. Wheeee!

No comments: