Saturday, May 31, 2014

On the Mend

Olivia will take her last dose of antibiotics this evening. She went to school yesterday for half a day. She's on the mend.

My new nephew was born on Wednesday. Connor weighed 7lbs, 6oz. He was induced a week early and is perfect. I'm so happy for my brother and sister-in-law. They're family is complete and they couldn't be more blessed.

The girls have three days of school left. This is such a relief. After the long winter, we're all ready for some sun and heat and swimming and yes, even ice cream.

Alyssa will be officially be a sixth grader as of Wednesday at 3:02pm. I'm not going to say that I don't know where the time went because, well, I've been here, watching this girl grow and learn and amaze me every single day for the past eleven plus years. She's earned her way into the sixth grade. Heck, she picked out three books at the library today to read toward next year's AR points. She came in fourth in the entire elementary school this year for the most AR points. She'd really like to be first next year. That girl is just plain awesome. Though, wait, I had to inform her yesterday afternoon that she is not allowed to be a sullen teenager. She was making a pouty face at me and it was such a sullen teenager face that I had to declare that it's just not allowed. I won't have it.

We'll see how that works out.

Olivia is heading into the great big world of first grade next year. She's excited about having a locker even if it doesn't lock. I've put a positive spin on her being in a self-contained class with the special ed teacher. She's excited about it and I'm excited about the academic opportunities this is going to open for Olivia.

We're all ready for a summer break. Ready for a more laid back schedule, for even a little extra sleep, for a break. Bring on summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear your little one is feeling better. It is no fun being some sick.
Congrats on the new addition to your family. Your girls must be thrilled to have a new nephew.