Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Weekend Prep

I know it’s only Wednesday, but I’m already trying to prep for this coming weekend. See, it’s the first weekend in June.

So what, right? Except that the first weekend in June is a BIG DEAL if you live on Beetle Lake in Battle Creek, Michigan. Which, yeah, we don’t live there but my aunt Lorry does live there and so it’s a big deal.

Why? Because the first weekend in June is when her entire neighborhood holds their annual garage sales! I know, right?

My family (well, okay, my mom’s side of my family) is always able to find a reason to celebrate and gather and when we gather, we often do it for days at a time.

So on Friday evening the girls and I will ride with my mom to Michigan where we will spend the night with my aunt, shop at her neighborhood garage sales and then probably spend the night again on Saturday.

Which means I will have no time this coming weekend to do what I usually do on the weekends, which is cook, clean and do laundry.

So yeah. Laundry will be done as we go this week. The vacuuming…can be done by Alyssa. Yes! I do so love to delegate.

These weekends are always fun but when we get home, I always feel so far behind. No matter how hard I try to get ahead, it never quite works.

Of course, all this is to say that I don’t care because the weekends are fun enough to make it worth the time spent trying to catch up on what didn’t get done.

No comments: