Monday, March 26, 2018

Port Removal

Tom and I headed to the hospital last Friday for what will hopefully be my last surgical procedure ever. Please, please, please.

My oncologist felt that my prognosis is good enough that the risks of leaving the port in for any length of time outweighed the risk of needing to put one back in should the worse occur and my cancer returns.

My original appointment was scheduled for 12:30, I was supposed to be there at 11:15 for pre-op procedures to begin.

My phone rang at 9:00 that morning. It was a nurse at the hospital. They'd had some cancellations, could I be there asap for my procedure.

I told her it would probably take us about an hour since I needed to shower (using the lovely yellow Dial...ugh.) and we live about a half hour from the hospital.

She said that was fine.

So we got our butts in gear, and were at the hospital by 10.

We were home by 1:30. All went well and my port is OUT. There's been a little pain. I was a little nauseous as I was waking up from the anesthesia but all's well that ends well.

I think I might have over done it over the weekend. I'm pretty tired today. But I'm resting up now that the girls are back in school after a week off school.

Two days until radiation starts. Let the latest adventure begin.

No comments: