Thursday, November 29, 2018

Circle of Life

Amy’s first grandchild, a baby girl, was born on Olivia’s birthday. This makes her and Olivia birthday buddies. J Our family is big enough that most of us have birthday buddies. If Olivia had been born on her due date of November 18, she’d be sandwiched by Sabella, who was born a year earlier than Liv on November 17 and Jaxon, who was born the year after Olivia on November 19. It would have been kind of cool. But as we all know, Miss Liv needed those extra nine days to cook.

Amy’s daughter, H, lives in California with her husband, D. He’s in the Navy and so she goes wherever he’s stationed. According to my mom, H was in labor for about 45 minutes. Can this be possible? My aunt N, Amy’s mom, H’s grandma, was so worried about H. Amy had really hard deliveries. Her doctors let her labor for something like twenty hours before finally delivering both H and her big brother T by c-section. I’m so glad that H didn’t have to suffer the way her mom did.

They named the baby Arden (Auntie L hates this name, we tell her to get over it, she got to name the one child she had and gave no one, probably not even P, her son’s dad, any say at all so…yeah.)

Amy loves babies. That s at the end of love was a typo and I almost corrected it to a d. But then I realized that…she’s still out there, somewhere, loving us all, but most especially loving her daughter and her new granddaughter.

Or, if you believe in reincarnation, maybe…maybe Amy’s found her way back into the family.

I’ve had moments over the years of this feeling like I’ve known this world before, like I sought out my mom’s soul before I was even born, that we knew each other before this life.

I don’t know. Can you be a Christian and still believe in reincarnation?

There is so much we don’t understand about life beyond this world, this realm, this dimension.

All I know is that there is more. More live to live even after we stop living and more love to give because we never stop loving, even when our hearts stop beating, the love goes on.

Welcome to the world Arden Z. You are loved near and far, forever.

No comments: