Friday, December 14, 2018

Broken aka In Need of a Nap

On Thursday night after Olivia finished eating, Tom mentioned that there was some linguini in the fridge that he’d left for me.

I sighed (because I’m a drama queen) and said, “Alas, I cannot eat that. I’m out of mushrooms.”

“And you have to have mushrooms to eat the linguini?” he asked skeptically.

“Duh,” I replied.

He offered to drive to the local Family Dollar (four miles away) and get some canned mushrooms but that seemed like a lot of work for mushrooms. I delicately declined his generous offer.

A bit later, I lamented that I could not possibly go to Family Dollar myself because my hair was especially awful yesterday.

Tom looked at the mop perched upon my head and said, “But this is Edon. Your hair is perfectly normal for Edon.”

I was crushed. I blinked at him, as if holding back tears and said, “That’s the meanest thing you’ve ever said to me.”

He looked mildly confused so I continued, “How could you say that I have NORMAL Edon hair? Have you seen the Edon moms’ hair? I’m broken.”

And at that, I took to the couch and pulled a blanket over my horrifyingly ‘normal’ head.

Tom laughed and went about his business.

Ten minutes later, he came back into the living room to find me still on the couch.

He said something to Olivia and I told him, “I’m not actually pouting, I’m just resting.”

And then…I fell asleep for an hour. It was glorious! I haven’t had a nap in months. Maybe he should ‘hurt’ my feelings more often.

No comments: