Thursday, December 20, 2018

Complaints

Okay, even though I just said that I’m not one to complain (it was said sort of tongue in cheek) I kind of want to document my current complaints, just in case I need to look back and try to remember when certain aches and pains might have started.

So I think my right hip/lower back started hurting about mid-October, 2018. I know I was trying to figure out if I should mention it to Dr. Z when I saw him on October 30. I did mention it to both the nurse and the nurse practitioner and they both didn’t seem to think anything of it.

I also mentioned it to Dr. B, the surgeon, in mid-November. He also didn’t seem to think it was a big deal.

I saw my family doctor on November 27 (O’s b-day!!!) and was going in to talk about both the pain and my blood pressure. Lo and behold, the pain stopped the weekend before my appointment.

It comes back now and then these days, mostly at night, when I lay weird. But…it bothers me that I have this pain and no one seems worried about it.

At this point, I don’t know who else to tell. Do I request some sort of scan? Do I continue to ‘wait and see’? My problem with waiting and seeing is that if I’d done that when it came to the pain in my left breast, well, I’d be fighting a completely different battle these days. So yeah, I don’t like the wait and see game.

I just…don’t know.

Anyway.

I don’t know if the blood pressure meds are working. I don’t feel any different. I suppose I should check my pressure at some place like WalMart or Walgreens just to see. But I feel fine. Then again, I felt fine when my pressure was deemed high, so who the hell knows?

One thing I do know is that I need to lose weight. I need to go on a diet, move more and lose weight. The pain in my stupid right hip/back would probably go away if I’d lose about eighty pounds. Or, it might not and then we’ll have something to investigate.

Sigh.

This is why I don’t really talk about this stuff (ha!) What good is it doing me until I see a professional who can actually order the tests necessary to rule out some things or find something? It’s just a bunch of annoying venting.

Sorry about that.

No comments: