Monday, February 25, 2019

Appointments Galore

I started seeing a chiropractor a few weeks ago. Mostly I wanted the x-ray of my hip area to prove to myself that I’m a hypochondriac these days and every pain I have is NOT cancer.

And yes, that’s what he proved.

But he also said that my hip pain is due to my spine and hips being ‘off track’. He did an adjustment that first day and wanted to see me again a few days later.

I ended up going to him three times and in the weeks since, my hip really does feel better.

At my last appointment, which was two weeks ago, the receptionist (the chiro’s wife) wanted to schedule me for the next Monday, about four days after the last appointment.

I told her I needed to call her about that because the coming week was full of appointments and I really needed to get my 40 hours in at work.

What could she say? I mean, if a patient is refusing to schedule an appointment…what is the scheduler going to do? She can’t very well insist on scheduling an appointment.

Anyway!

That was two weeks ago and the past two weeks have been so full of other appointments that I haven’t even bothered calling the chiropractor’s office to schedule anything.

In the last two weeks I’ve had a gynecologist appointment, a dentist appointment, Alyssa has had her well-child/sports physical appointment. Olivia had to be seen by the eye doctor, we had to pick up her glasses and have them fitted and then Olivia had a dentist appointment (two cavities, boo! She has to go to the pediatric dentist for those fillings…again, BOOO!) Next week I have an appointment at the school with Liv’s teachers to discuss her IEP.

So!

Too bad I have to work too. It’s too bad I can’t just claim my job is that of executive assistant for the Ordinary family and still earn a salary and insure my family.

I mean, seriously. Taking care of a family is a full-time job.

Alas, I live in the 21st century, not the mid-20th, when every family had a stay-at-home spouse/parent.

Now we all work and we’re all tired and overwhelmed. Misery loves company, which is the only positive to us all being miserable, we’re good company for each other.

No comments: