Thursday, October 3, 2019

Put Together

There’s this woman at work who is always so put together.

By that I mean that her hair is always done (it’s HUGE, actually), she’s always got high heeled shoes on, her makeup is applied with a steady, if heavy hand.

I’ve followed her through the front door a few mornings and she’s always perfumed.

She accessories to perfection. She tucks her shirts into her jeans and wears a belt. A BELT, for goodness sake.

She makes me look like I wear potato sacks to work.

And yet…I have no desire to be that put together.

It looks exhausting.

I get up at 5:40 each morning, shower, dress, slap on a little make up (eye shadow, a bit of liner and mascara, that’s it.) I scrunch my hair and then I wake Liv up and get busy helping her with her hair and clothes.

So yeah, I have no desire to put more work into my appearance.

My hair, well, it is what it is.

I am not going to start a makeup routine that involves things like primer, foundation, highlighter, blush, brow pencil, blah blah blah.

Perfume gives me a headache and you couldn’t pay me to wear a belt.

So I’ll schlump to work each looking the way I look.

And I’m okay with that.

Put Together Lady can corner the market on accessories and hair spray.

I’ll just be over here in my jeans and untucked shirt, still growing my hair out and making the best of each and every day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh my gosh, so me. I saw a woman in the hospital the other day who was taking her child to the doctor. Mom was perfect. Hair, makeup, boots, jeans and cute non-tshirt. I want to be her but not enough to buy makeup, curl my hair and get thin enough to wear cute clothes.