Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Anniversary

Yesterday marked seven years of marriage for Tom and me.

Yes, yes, if you do the math, you'll find that Alyssa was about nine months old when Tom and I got married. Whatever, right?

Tom likes to joke that if I didn't have so many aunts who enjoyed planning things like weddings, we might never have gotten around to getting married. It only annoys me a little.

We aren't really anniversary gift people. We prefer to save the money we'd spend on cards and gifts and be all frivolous and pay the mortgage. I kid, sort of.

Last night, we ate pizza and watched Dancing with the Stars with our daughters. It was nice.

One nice surprise was that Tom got the laundry all set up in the basement. No more having to sort pee-stinky laundry and send it 65 miles one-way with Tom every few days.

I cannot tell you how lovely it is to know that I can do a load of laundry right there in my own house again. Ahh, the joy of clean sheets!

Honestly, I think that being kind to each other day after day, all year is more important than gifts and cards on this one day of the year. I think the best gift I could give him is to take better care of myself in the coming year and be healthier at when our eighth anniversary arrives.

I'll try. I really, truly will.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

YOu had to do laundry 65 miles away!!! Omg i'm so happy you get to do laundry in your house now! Idon't know what iw ould do without my washer and dryer. Probably scream a few times a day. lol!

Happy anniversary.

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)