Monday, October 4, 2010

Home

Every day when we walk in the door of our new house, Olivia exclaims, "We're home!" She then makes her way to the floor in front of the couch where she lays down and burrows in, snuggling up against the couch and taking it all in.

I don't think I realized how much our commute was taking out of the girls. Sure, I bitched and moaned about how much I hated it but I didn't realize how much they hated it too.

They're both so happy in our new home. They're so glad we get to go home every day, to a home that isn't over an hour's drive away.

The new house is having physical benefits for Olivia too. Now that we're in a house with an upstairs that we actually use, she's starting to walk up the stairs using alternate feet. It's awesome! She still prefers to hold my hand but she'll hold my hand, use the handrail and walk up the stairs using alternate feet, like any other four year old.

Olivia's first words to me this morning, after me being gone all weekend weren't what I'd expected. I kind of thought she'd tell me she missed my squishy boobies (she tells me that every single day when I get to my mom's to pick her up.) No, this time she tattled on her daddy. She informed me that, "Daddy slept in your bed."

Perhaps this family bed thing has gone too far. Sadly, Daddy's no longer considered part of the family, since she doesn't seem to be aware that Daddy is SUPPOSED to be that bed and she probably isn't.

Ah well, time goes by, things change every day and my girls learn something new and show me how amazing they are. And even, almost ordinary life isn't such a bad thing at all.

2 comments:

Julie said...

At least she didn't say, "daddy slept in OUR bed."

Anonymous said...

Go Olivia! (re: stairs)