Friday, July 20, 2012

Big

This is what Olivia looks like first thing in the morning these days.


That hair? It looked like this on the first day of preschool not quite a year ago:


Still beautiful, but not quite the way she wanted it.

Obviously, in the year or so, give or take a couple of months since Olivia stopped pulling her hair out, her hair has grown and grown and wow, grown.

I love her whole head first thing in the morning after she’s had a bath the night before.

She loves her hair these days, though she can be found telling me to stop brushing it because it hurts. When I ask her if she wants to go back to super short hair to avoid the brushing, she assures me that the brushing doesn’t hurt that much.

I’m so glad for her that she stopped pulling. I’m grateful for whatever it was that got her to the point where the pulling was no longer a compulsion.

Mostly, I’m grateful for her. Her big hair is just a bonus.

No comments: