Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Things She Says

A couple of days ago, about three minutes after she woke up, Olivia told me she was cold.

I murmured something I thought was conforting.

She responded to my kind words by putting her hands on her hips, cocking her head to one side and asking pointedly, "What are you going to do about it?"

I laughed. I couldn't help it. It was funny. I then asked her, "Do you want me to get your purple blankie and a pillow?"

She nodded and then shivered for good measure. Obviously, she's got me well trained.

Later that day, my mom told me that Olivia informed her, "Mommy puts her giant butt on Lyssie's swing."

My first response to that was, "How rude!" And then, "How true. I do put my giant butt on Lyssie's swing."

This girl. She blows me away on so many levels.

Most of them are good.

No comments: