Friday, August 28, 2015

On My Boring Mind

I woke up with a headache yesterday. That just sucked.

About a week ago, I decided to try this weird brace thing on my left foot because my stupid bunion hurts like crazy these days. Did it help with the pain? Not really. But it did make my second (index?) toe go numb. It’s been numb for a week. I wonder if I should be worried about this numbness. I haven’t worn the brace thing since I realized the second toe was numb but the numbness hasn’t actually gone away.

Olivia joined me in my bed this morning around 2am. This is the first time she’s done this in months. I didn’t enjoy this experience even a little. I get plenty of snuggle time with this girl during our waking hours. When we’re both sleeping she’s just all elbows and knees and feet. It’s not restful and this morning, after I woke up I found that someone’s pull-up had leaked through. I’m not naming names but there were only two of us in that bed, and I wasn’t the one wearing a pull-up.

So guess who gets to change the sheets on her bed this evening?

Guess who is also going to be a bit more strict with the boundaries surrounding her bed?

Yeah. So. There you have it. My stupid head sometimes hurts after a decent night’s sleep, I have the feet of an eighty old and my bony eight year old still sometimes sneaks into my bed when I’m too tired to fight her off.

No comments: