Saturday, May 12, 2012

Hitting the Road

I got this for Mother's Day:



I will never be able to outdo Tom come June and Father's Day.

I've been looking at these bike trailers for months, thinking that the girls and I would greatly enjoy being able to go out for a bike ride whenever we want. But they're not cheap and I have a hard time spending money on something that feels indulgent.

But Tom didn't feel that way and on Friday afternoon, he couldn't stand the wait and surprised me with this. He'd had the bike for years but we rarely used it because Olivia hates bikes herself, she feels unsafe and exposed.

This? Is awesome! She loves being closer to the ground and that she can sit back there with a lunchbox of snacks, a book and a blanket, in the lap of luxury as Mom pedals her butt off (I hope that's the result.)

It was such a fantastic surprise!

Alyssa and I have strapped Olivia in and hit the road twice already and we've only had the bike-trailer combo for about 29 hours.

Seriously, this is the best Mother's Day gift EVER.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love it!!! You guys look great. Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite Mother's.

Love you mucho!